Home Remedies for Back Pain
Back pain is a common problem that affects millions of people world over and it can be quite hard and frustrating. Back pain can be caused due to various conditions such as muscle strain, herniated disc, osteoporosis, spinal stenosis, Spondylolisthesis or spine arthritis. Normally back pain resolves within a few weeks, but if you suffer from severe pain which persists beyond a few days, you should immediately go see a doctor. But if it is not so severe, you can try out these natural home remedies which help to relieve pain.
- Ice pack is an excellent remedy to reduce back pain. Just put some ice cubes in a cover, wrap with a cloth and place it on the back where there is pain.
- Garlic oil is also very effective for relieving back pain. It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to reduce inflammation. Fry about 25 flakes of garlic in a pan. Add 100 ml oil and heat the oil. Allow this oil to cool and apply on your back every day till pain subsides.
- Mix Epsom salt in a bowl of water. Soak a towel in this water, squeeze tightly to get rid of excess water and keep the hot towel on the area that is paining to relieve swelling and pain.
- Apply peppermint oil on the aching area to get relief from back ache.
- Apply clove oil on your spine to get relief from back pain. You can also make clove tea. Boil a cup of water. Switch of the flame and add 1 tsp of crushed cloves. Cover and allow the mixture to steep for 10-15 minutes. Strain the tea and add 1 tbsp of honey and drink. Honey also has the potential to kill pain. Drink 2-3 times a day.
- Basil Leaves : A traditionally effective home remedy for back pain is basil leaves. Drink 2-3 cups of basil leaves tea every day. To make the tea, boil a cup of water; add a handful of washed basil leaves. Let the tea steep for 10 minutes. Strain the tea and drink the tea by mixing 1 tbsp of honey.
- Apple cider vinegar is another excellent remedy. Mix 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink the mixture.
- Coconut oil has remarkable ability to provide instant relief for back pain because it contains Lauric acid which is a pain reliever.
- Herbal Tea : Drink 2-3 cups of herbal tea made with cloves, pepper and ginger. To make the tea, add ½ tsp cloves, ½ tsp pepper corns and 1 tsp ginger powder to a cup of boiling water. Remove from stove. Cover and let the tea steep for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the tea by adding 1 tbsp of honey if needed.
- Cayenne : Mix a tsp of cayenne in a glass of water and drink to get relief from back pain. The capsaicin in cayenne pepper helps to relieve pain. You can also apply capsaicin cream on your back.
Most people who suffer from back pain immediately swallow pain killers such as ibuprofen. Such medications have several harmful side-effects such as diarrhea or constipation, abdominal pain, heartburn, shortness of breath, tiredness, nausea, decrease in amount of urine, bloating etc. So it is much safer to cure back pain through these proven natural home remedies. They do not have any side effects and will put you back on your feet soon.