Home Remedies for Arthritis
Arthritis is a joint disorder caused by inflammation in one or more joints and the symptoms of arthritis include joint stiffness, swelling, redness and warmth. Arthritis can be treated with natural remedies instead of taking harmful pain killers. Read on to know more about these remedies…………
- Take an Epsom bath. Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate and it is an excellent pain reliever and reduces joint swelling and inflammation. Add a few spoons of Epsom salt into your bath and soak in it for 15 minutes daily.
- Ginger-turmeric tea is very effective remedy for arthritis, because both have anti-inflammatory properties and have the potential to reduce inflammation. Boil two cups of water and add ½ tsp ginger paste and ½ tsp turmeric powder. Simmer and let it boil for 1o-15 minutes. Strain and drink one cup in the morning and one cup in the evening.
- Soak 1 tsp of black sesame seeds in ½ glass of water and drink the liquid along with seeds first thing in the morning on empty stomach.
- Celery seeds have anti-inflammatory properties and are used as an effective cure for arthritis. Crush 1 tsp of celery seeds and put in a cup. Pour 1 cup boiling water over the seeds. Cover and allow the tea to steep for 15-20 minutes. Strain and drink the tea. Repeat thrice daily for a few days till you find relief.
- If you are suffering from arthritis pain, try this remedy. Make a glass of fresh orange juice. Boil 2 tbsp of castor oil over the burner and add to the orange juice. Drink this juice before breakfast. Repeat this daily till your pain is subsided.
- Eat some cherries every day because it is a good source of potassium which is anti-inflammatory and magnesium which is a pain killer.
- Warm a cup of water and mix 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and 1 tsp of honey and take the mixture daily in the morning and in the evening for 3-4 weeks. Apple cider vinegar relieves joint pain and removes toxin build-up in the joints.
- Drinking a glass of lime juice every morning mixed with a tsp of honey, on an empty stomach is beneficial in treating arthritis.
- Mix 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder and 1 tbsp of honey and apply on the affected joints to get relief from arthritis pain because of cinnamon’s anti-inflammatory effect.
- Traditionally potato has been used for relieving arthritis pain. Slice a potato without removing the skin. Place these slices in a glass of cold water and leave it overnight and drink the water first thing in the morning on empty stomach. This remedy has found to be effective.
- Have you got a copper vessel? Pour a glass of water into it. Leave it over night and drink the water in the morning. The water which accumulates traces of copper is beneficial in strengthening the muscular system.
- Garlic is another food that is effective in treating arthritis because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Eat 2 cloves of raw garlic every day, or if you find it difficult add plenty of garlic in your food. You can also make a paste with garlic and apply on the affected area to get relief.
- Make orange juice from fresh oranges. Add 1 tbsp of cod liver oil to it. Mix well and drink it before going to bed to get relief from arthritis pain.
- Make a cup of hot black coffee. Squeeze juice of 1 lime into it. And drink it hot. Add a spoon of honey if needed.
- Another very effective natural remedy for arthritis is gin-soaked raisins. Get a box of white raisins and place the raisins in a container. Cover it with gin. Leave it aside for a few weeks till the gin evaporates. Eat nine raisins a day to get cured from arthritis.
When there are so many and many more natural home remedies for arthritis, why choose drugs? Arthritis medication can cause side effects such as stomach ulcers, blood clots that can lead to stroke and heart attack, cataract, heart burn, elevated blood sugar levels etc. So stop thinking of over-the-counter medications and choose safe home remedies for arthritis cure.