Home Remedies for Burns
Burns which are caused due to touching a hot object, spilling hot liquid on the skin, sun burn, steam, fire etc, can cause pain, blisters, redness, swelling etc. Burns can be first degree, second degree or third degree burns depending on how deep and severe it is. First degree burns, and even sometimes second degree burns and can be treated at home. Read on to know how……..
- Cold Water : The first thing to do when you get burnt is to immediately run cold water over the burn to prevent it from spreading. Repeat this several times during the course of the day, till pain subsides. Remember not to use ice as it will restrict the flow of blood.
- Cut fresh onion and apply the juice on the burn. It contains a compound called quercetin which is capable of killing pain and healing the burn fast.
- Mint :If you happen to have mint toothpaste at home, apply the toothpaste on the burn after running under cold water and drying the area. Well, if you don’t have mint toothpaste, just buy a small tube and keep in the kitchen.
- Plantain leaves : A simple and effective home remedy for burns from the backyard is plantain leaves. Do you know that plantain leaves have anti-microbial properties and also ease inflammation? Make a paste of fresh plantain leaves. Apply the paste on the burn and cover with a cloth. Repeat this process every time the plantain leaves dries up.
- Potato is effective in helping the pain to subside because of its soothing properties. Just cut a piece of potato and rub the juice on the burn.
- Use white vinegar for burns because it has antiseptic and anti-inflammation properties to heal wounds and reduce pain. Add ½ a cup of vinegar to ½ a cup of water and using a cotton swab and apply the diluted vinegar on the burn. Soak a piece of cloth in the solution and place on the burn. Keep changing the cloth every 2-3 hours.
- Aloe vera gel is an excellent remedy for healing burns. Cut a piece of the aloe vera leaf and press the leaf to get the gel. Apply this gel on the burn to sooth the pain.Buy Gel
- Black tea bags : Reduce burning pain by placing wet black tea bags on the burns. Tea bags contain tannic acid which has the potential to relieve pain.
- Honey :The anti-inflammatory properties of honey have made it an effective and easy home remedy for treating burns and lessening pain.
- Coconut oil is another good remedy to heal burns because of its anti-bacterial properties and it also contains vitamin E which speeds up the healing. Apply coconut oil directly on the burn. You can also mix a few drops of lemon juice with coconut oil and apply for quicker healing.
- Apply yogurt on the burn and leave it for 15-20 minutes to sooth the burn.
- Lavender oil has superb healing ability to heal burns and reduce pain. Add 1 tsp of lavender oil in 2 ounce of water and apply on the wound with a cotton swab as often as needed.
- Milk : Got milk at home? Soak a piece of cloth in milk and place on the burn to sooth the burn and ease the pain.
- Egg White : Another effective remedy to reduce pain is egg white. Beat egg white and apply on the bun to sooth pain.
- Soy Sauce : If you have soy sauce in your refrigerator, just apply some sauce immediately on the wound and leave for 30 minutes. Soy sauce helps to reduce pain and prevents blisters.
Well, now you know what to do if your skin gets burnt, especially if you are in your kitchen. Just look around and you are sure to find any of the items mentioned above. Just use it and cure the burn.