Pancreas is a large gland which aids in the digestion of food and also secretes hormones for regulating blood sugar. And when there is inflammation in the pancreas, this condition is called pancreatitis. Excessive consumption of alcohol, high level of blood fat, certain medications, smoking, ulcer etc are some of the causes of pancreatitis. Pancreatitis should be treated as early as possible since it can lead to major complications. Before you panic and run for over-the-counter drugs, try these simple natural remedies which will help to reduce pain and inflammation and help you to get well soon.
10 remarkable home remedies for pancreatitis
- Aloe vera is the most popular and one of the best remedies for pancreatitis. Take ½ a cup of aloe vera gel from the aloe leaves. Put it in a blender and add juice of any antioxidants rich fruits such as strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, cherry or grapes and drink thrice a day. Aloe vera acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and reduces inflammation and is also capable of relieving oxidative stress. The antioxidants remove free radicals that cause illness.
- Papaya is also another excellent remedy for pancreatitis. Drink papaya juice 2-3 times a day, to help treat pancreatitis symptoms. The enzymes found in papaya have soothing and healing properties to provide relief for pancreatitis symptoms.
- Consume olive oil on daily basis by preparing food using this oil, because olive oil has the potential to treat pancreatitis.
- Drink 2-3 glasses of spinach every day because spinach is rich in antioxidants which help to eliminate free radicals and boost the immune system.
- Make herbal tea by adding few slices of ginger and a handful of mint leaves. Steep the tea and strain it. Add juice of half a lemon and drink 3-4 times during the day to get desired results. This herbal drink reduces inflammation and soothes the pancreatic duct.
- Dandelion root is another beneficial remedy for the pancreas. Make tea with dandelion root and drink many times during the day. To make the tea, add dandelion root to a cup of boiling water. Cover and let the tea steep for 15 minutes. Strain and drink with 1 tsp of honey and juice of half lemon. Drink this tea before each meal till symptoms subsides.
- Inflammation in the pancreas can also be reduced with Indian gooseberry which has anti-inflammatory properties. Make juice with Indian gooseberry and drink daily to reduce inflammation and pain associated with pancreatitis.
- Reduce symptoms of pancreatitis with basil leaves, another beneficial remedy for treating this condition. Make herbal tea by adding a handful of basil leaves in a cup of boiling water. Allow the tea to steep for 15 minutes and strain and drink to get relief from pancreatitis symptoms.
- Raw apple cider vinegar reduces inflammation and enhances digestion by triggering the pancreas to release digestion enzymes. Mix 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp of water and consume 30 minutes before a meal.
- Chamomile is another beneficial remedy for treating pancreatitis, because it soothes the pancreas and is loaded with antioxidants. Make chamomile tea by adding 2 tbsp of dried chamomile to a cup of boiling water and strain after 15 minutes. Drink this herbal tea twice daily.
Choose home remedies to treat pancreatitis symptoms because not only are the effective and provide quick relief, but they are also safe and harmless, with no side effects.