Panic attack is defined as “The sudden onset of intense anxiety characterized by feelings of intense fear and apprehension and accompanied by palpitations, shortness of breath, sweating, and trembling”. It is quite unexpected because it can happen without any warning or reason. Now don’t panic! Relax! Panic attacks can be cured with simple remedies using ingredients from your kitchen. Come on, let’s see how???
10 remarkable home remedies for panic attacks
- Chamomile is a good remedy to treat panic attacks because it has the ability to calm you. Just make chamomile tea and drink daily. Put 1 tbsp of dried or fresh chamomile in a cup. Boil 1 cup of water and pour over the chamomile flowers. Cover and let the tea steep for 15 minutes. Strain using a strainer and sip the tea.
- Another herbal tea that has a calming effect on the nerves and can help treat panic attacks is rosemary herb. Make rosemary herb by add 1 tbsp of dried rosemary herb into a cup of boiling water. Steep, strain and sip slowly to feel calm.
- Talking about tea, green tea is also a beneficial tea for getting relief from panic attacks, because it contains polyphenols which has the potential to prevent the neurons from getting too excited and cures panic attacks.
- Oranges can help to cure panic attacks because it prevents the neurons from getting too excited and provides relief from panic attacks. Oranges are loaded with vitamin c that has the ability to soothe the nerves and body. Drink 2-3 glasses of orange juice every day.
- A beneficial remedy for panic attacks is beans because it contains thiamine which enhances the function of the brain. Include plenty of beans in your daily diet.
- One proven remedy that is very effective in providing relief from recurrent panic attacks is passion flower. Passion flower contains a substance which is sedative and anti-spasmodic.
- Vitamin B1 is very essential for optimal function of the brain and nervous system and helps to provide relief from panic attack symptoms. Include vitamin B1 rich foods such as wheat bread, nuts, soy beans, green peas, sunflower seeds, lean pork, trout fish etc. in your daily diet.
- Almonds provide great relief from panic attacks. Soak some almonds in water overnight and the next morning remove their skins and eat them first thing in the morning on empty stomach.
- Peppermint is a very popular herb that has proved to provide relief from panic attacks.
- Breathing is a good remedy to ease panic attack symptoms. When an attack strikes, engage in breathing which will give you a calm feeling and keep symptoms at bay. Inhale slowly counting four, wait for four counts and then slowly exhale counting four. Repeat this technique several times till symptoms subside.
Certain antidepressants are prescribed by doctors for panic attacks. Antidepressants might be your choice for immediate relief, but understanding the facts about the side-effects of these drugs, many people are now opting to find a cure for panic attacks through natural remedies which have no dangerous health effects and are safe. Antidepressants can produce side effects such as weight, loss of sexual interest, restlessness, nausea, dizziness, headaches, tremors, diarrhea, insomnia etc. So why suffer, when you have wonderful and effective natural remedies in your kitchen?