Nasal polyps is a condition when small, soft growths, either singly or in clusters develop on the lining of the nose. This condition can be solved by several home remedies a few of which are discussed below.
10 remarkable home remedies for nasal polyps
- Deep breathing exercise is an excellent remedy for nasal polyps. Cover one nostril and breathe deeply through the other. Then repeat with the other nostril. Do this for 10-15 minutes 3-4 times a day for getting relief from polyps.
- A simple and easy remedy to cure nasal polyps is salt water rinse. For this you have to make the solution by dissolving ½ tsp of salt in a cup of Luke warm water. Now use a syringe and spray this solution into your nose and breathe slowly. This solution will help to prevent infection.
- Garlic has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and has the ability to get rid of nasal polyps. Daily intake of raw garlic can also prevent polyps.
- Another remedy to provide relief from polyps is tea tree oil which also has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Just rub some tea tree oil on the opening of the nasal cavity. Repeat 3-4 times throughout the day to get relief from symptoms.
- Consuming a tbsp of castor oil every day is a very effective remedy for nasal polyps. Castor oil has the potential prevent polyps and to eliminate inflammation and reduce the size of the polyps. The oil should be taken first thing in the morning on empty stomach.
- Reduce the inflammation and symptoms of polyps with horseradish. Remove the skin of horseradish and grate it. Mix it with honey to overcome the strong taste and consume 1 tsp of this mixture twice everyday till polyps is cured.
- Apple cider vinegar is also a beneficial natural home remedy for polyps. Apple cider vinegar has the potential to get rid of infection associated with nasal polyps condition. Mix 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 3 tbsp of honey to 1 cup of hot water and drink this solution in the morning and evening. Repeat till symptoms disappear.
- Strengthen the immune system by taking 1000 mg vitamin C tablet everyday to ward of any infection. Or consume citrus fruits which are rich in vitamin C every day. The bioflavonoid substance in citrus fruits has the ability to regulate and maintain the nasal tissues.
- An effective remedy for reducing the size of the polyps and getting relief is turmeric powder which has anti-inflammatory properties. Mix 1 tsp of turmeric powder in warm milk and drink twice a day in the morning and night before going to bed.
- Another beneficial remedy to eliminate nasal polyps is dandelion. Just chew some fresh dandelion leaves every day to cure polyps. It helps to shrink the polyps and reduce mucus.
It is always better to try and treat minor health conditions with natural home remedies because they are safe and is not dangerous to health.