Having bad breath or halitosis can be really embarrassing and people might move away from you because they are not comfortable talking to you. This can be quite frustrating and depressing too and can be quite hard on your self esteem. Well, don’t worry!!! Bad breath can be cured with simple and easy home remedies. Interested in knowing more? Just read on……………..
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to prevent bacteria formation and swish water in your mouth for some seconds after every meal to loosen the food materials stuck between your teeth which can lead to bacteria formation.
- Parsley is a very popular and effectively proven remedy for bad breath because it contains a compound called chlorophyll which has the ability to neutralize bad breath. Just chew some fresh parsley or drink parsley juice.
- Drink fennel tea or just chew 1 tsp of fennel seeds after meals to treat bad breath. The seeds contain antimicrobial properties to fight bacteria that cause bad breath and freshens your mouth. To make the tea, place 2 tsp of fennel seeds in a cup and fill it with boiling water. Cover the cup and let the tea steep for 10 minutes. Strain and drink.
- Guava is a noted remedy for bad breath. Just cut an unripe guava into pieces and eat to fight bad breath.
- Lemon is a natural remedy to fight bad breath because of its germicidal properties. Swishing and gurgling with lemon mouth wash helps to get rid of bad breath. Make the mouthwash by squeezing half a lemon into a cup of lukewarm water and use.
- Clove is another excellent remedy to fight bad breath because of its antibacterial properties. Put a couple of cloves into your mouth and chew after a meal. Or make a mouthwash by boiling 1 tsp of clove powder in a cup of water and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Once this mixture is warm enough, use it as a mouthwash twice a day.
- Use apple cider vinegar to get rid of bad breath. Gargle every day, using a solution made by mixing 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to water after every meal; or make this solution and drink before a meal to prevent bacteria formation and bad breath.
- A simple but great home remedy to freshen up your breath and get rid of bad breath is to just put a coffee bean into your mouth and suck it for a few minutes.
- Another effective home remedy for bad breath is tea tree oil. Gurgle after every meal with a solution made by adding 3-4 drops of tea tree oil into a cup of warm water.
- Drink 3-4 cups of black tea to keep bad breath away because black tea contains polyphenols which has the potential to destroy bacteria in your mouth and keep your mouth and breath fresh.
Don’t stand aloof, or move away from the crowd because of bad breath. Just try out these effective home remedies which will help you to talk confidently by keeping your bad breath at bay.