Home Remedies for Bloating
Bloating is a common complaint that people experience. It is a general swelling in the abdominal area and the abdomen feels uncomfortably full and tight, which can be caused by diet, indigestion, intestinal gas, hookworm etc and given below are some natural home remedies to treat bloating.
- Ginger is one of the best and ancient remedy for bloating. The gingerols compound in ginger is capable of reducing any inflammation in the intestine and ginger has the potential to improves digestion and prevent gas. Place a few slices of ginger in a cup and pour boiling water into the cup. Cover and keep aside for 10-15 minutes. Strain the tea. Add 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of lemon juice and drink this tea 2-3 times every day.
- Fennel seeds: An excellent and proven remedy for bloating is fennel seeds. It helps to relax intestinal muscles and has diuretic and microbial properties and is considered as the king of remedy for curing bloating. Put 1 tsp of fennel seeds into your mouth and chew after each meal or make fennel seeds tea and drink 2-3 times in a day.
- Peppermint tea : Another popular home remedy is drinking peppermint tea. Peppermint has the ability to help food pass through the stomach quickly and prevent intestinal gas. Add 2 drops of peppermint oil in ½ cup cold water and drink twice a day or drink a cup of peppermint tea 3 times a day. Peppermint has anti-spasmodic and calming effect on the gastrointestinal tract and is effective in treating bloating. Put a heaped tablespoon of dried peppermint leaves or a handful of fresh crushed peppermint leaves into a teapot and pour very hot water over it. Allow the tea to steep for 10 minutes and strain the tea.
- Juice a lime into a glass. Add 1 tsp of baking soda into it, little by little. Fill the glass with water and drink this mixture slowly to get relief from gas and bloating.
- Turmeric has the potential to improve the function of the digestive system and cure bloating. Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder to a glass of boiling water. Cover and keep side to steep for 5 minutes and drink this mixture slowly.
- Apple cider vinegar is another good remedy for bloating as it aids in digestion and prevents gas and bloating. Add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. Mix in 1 tbsp of honey and drink the mixture to get relief.
- Cinnamon : Boil a cup of water. Add 1 tsp of cinnamon powder. Remove from flame and allow the mixture to steep for 15 minutes. Strain and mix 1 tsp of honey. Drink this mixture regularly to treat bloating.
- Cardamom is another wonderful remedy for bloating. Whenever you feel uncomfortable due to bloating, just suck a cardamom. It stabilizes the acids of digestion and prevents indigestion and bloating.
- Gas is mainly caused by indigestion and pumpkin is a good remedy to reduce gas. Just steam a cup of pumpkin pieces and eat with your meal to prevent gas and bloating.
- Caraway seeds have always been an effective home remedy for treating bloating. Chew some caraway seeds many times during the day, if you are suffering from bloating as it improves digestion and prevent gas. Or enjoy the benefits of caraway by drinking caraway tea. To make the tea, place 2 tsp of caraway seeds in a cup and pour boiling water over it. Cover the cup and let the tea steep for 15 minutes. Strain the tea, add 1 tsp of honey and drink 2-3 times a day.
The remedies given above are proven to be very effective and safe without any harmful side effects. Try them!!!!!