Widespread muscle and joint pains including fatigue is caused by a condition called fibromyalgia. This is a syndrome characterized by a set of symptoms like anxiety or depression, aches and pains in the muscles, tender joints and immense fatigue. Women are more prone to get this syndrome. Sleep disturbances and mood disturbances may also be present. Body ache and fatigue may be present on arising in the morning. The fatigue may be hinder the day the day activities. However, relief from this condition may be obtained by using natural home remedies.
Joint and Muscle pain:
Joint and muscle pains may be caused by a musculoskeletal condition called fibromyalgia. Hormonal disturbances, stress and genetics may be causes for this syndrome. Lower levels of serotonin a brain neurotransmitter may lead to lower pain thresholds and hyper sensitivity to pain. Lowering of serotonin levels also lead to anxiety. Sudden trauma to the spinal cord and brain may also cause fibromyalgia. Biochemical changes in the body due to hormonal changes or menopause may also cause this condition. Lower levels of the human growth hormone may lead to muscle aches. Poor physical condition of the body and stress may also contribute to this disorder.
Symptoms include a twitching, stabbing or burning sensation in the muscles. They may also feel overworked. Pain around the joints is another symptom. Abdominal pain, chronic headaches, dryness in the mouth, hypersensitivity to heat and cold, inability to concentrate , irritable bowel syndrome, numbness, stiffness and tingling sensation in the fingers and feet, sleep problems, depression and anxiety may also be present.
Home remedies for Joint and muscle pains:
Natural home remedies can be used at home to treat and relieve joint and muscle aches and pains.
- Massage the painful area using warm coconut, olive, castor or garlic oil. It relieves the pain by improving the blood circulation and soothing the inflammation.
- Apply hot and cold compresses on the area alternatively to get pain relief. Hot compress improves blood flow and relaxes muscles while cold compress numbs the painful area and recues inflammation.
- Soak a teaspoon of fenugreek in water overnight and consume in the morning. This is very helpful for soothing joint pains.
- Turmeric is also very effective for joint pain as it contains curcumin which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder and honey with some milk and drink daily.
- Apple cider vinegar has minerals like magnesium, calcium and phosphorous and it helps in reducing joint pains. Mix a tea spoon in warm water and consume daily.
- Capsaicin found in cayenne pepper is a natural analgesic and helps in relieving pain. Add some cayenne pepper powder with warm coconut oil and apply it on the affected area for a few minutes and then wash off.
- Garlic is very effective as it helps reduce pains and inflammation. Consume raw or cooked garlic as part of your diet.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and is a good remedy for joint and muscle pains. Drink ginger tea or mix ginger powder with turmeric and fenugreek powder and consume daily.
- Nettle leaves reduce inflammation and provide pain relief. Steep them in hot water and drink the tea.
- Soak in a bath with Epsom salts. This relaxes the muscles and provides soothing relief.
- Include foods like molasses, pumpkin seeds, black beans, flax seeds and sesame seeds which are rich in magnesium to get relief from muscle aches and cramps.
- Cherry juice is also effective in providing relief from aching muscles and can be consumed.
Joint and muscle aches are very debilitating and can hamper the person from leading and active life. By using natural home remedies and by following a proper diet these can effectively be managed and treated.