White, pearly teeth enhance the beauty of your smile. Yellow teeth can cause embarrassment and make you lose your self confidence. Teeth can become yellow due to various reasons poor dental hygiene, cigarette smoking, and excessive use of tobacco, tea and coffee. Although there are several types of bleaching products available in the market, they can cause damage to your tooth enamel and gums, unlike natural remedies which whiten your teeth without causing any damage.
10 remarkable home remedies for white teeth
- Baking soda and lime juice has always been a proven home remedy for teeth whitening. Mix 1 tsp lemon juice and ½ tsp baking soda and apply this solution on your teeth with your tooth brush and rinse after two minutes. Do these 2 times a week.
- Strawberry is very beneficial in whitening the teeth because it contains an enzyme malic acid which has the potential to whiten the teeth. Take a few fresh strawberries and grind to paste. Apply this paste on your teeth, leave it for a minute and then wash.
- Using peels of banana, orange and lemon are very effective home remedy to whiten the teeth. Rub the inner side of the banana peel on your teeth for two minutes and rinse twice a day. Banana peel contains essential minerals that help to whiten the teeth. Rub orange peel on your teeth every night before going to bed for a few weeks for effective results. Similarly the acidity in lemon peel will also help to whiten and brighten your teeth if you rub on your teeth for 2 minutes daily.
- Salt is another remedy to revive the color of your teeth. Make a mixture of equal quantity of salt and charcoal and brush your teeth daily using this mixture.
- Hydrogen peroxide is the most popular substance for teeth whitening. Mix 1 tsp hydrogen peroxide and 1 tsp baking soda and make toothpaste. Blend well with your tooth brush and brush your teeth with this mixture to whiten your teeth.
- Dry and powder orange peels and bay leaves. Combine these powders and apply on your teeth to whiten them.
- Another effective natural remedy for teeth whitening is basil leaves. Dry some basil leaves and powder them. Mix this powder with 1 tsp of mustard oil and use this mixture to first clean your teeth 15 minutes before your normal brushing.
- Olive oil also has the potential to whiten the teeth if your teeth have discolored due to stains. Just put a few drops of oil on a cloth and rub on your teeth and wash after two minutes. Repeat the process till stain disappears and teeth whiten.
- Oil pulling using coconut oil also helps to whiten the teeth by getting rid of bacteria that causes yellowing of the teeth. Before you brush your teeth, put a tbsp of coconut oil into your mouth and swish it over and around your teeth for 15 minutes. Wash your mouth and then brush your teeth.
- Crush some walnuts and gently rub on your teeth as walnuts are a natural whitener.
With the home remedies mentioned above, you can change the color of your teeth from yellow to white and smile with confidence.