Intestinal worms are worms that live in the intestine and the more common worms are roundworm, tapeworm, pinworm and whipworm. Some of the causes for intestinal worms are poor personal hygiene, eating uncooked food, eating contaminated food and drinking contaminated water, poor sanitation etc and symptoms include passing of worm through the stool, stomach pain, diarrhea, itching around the rectum etc. Don’t worry if you are infected with intestinal worms because there are plenty of home remedies in your kitchen to kill the parasites and expel them.
10 remarkable home remedies for intestinal worms
- Add 1 tbsp of rock salt to a glass of boiled water in the morning on empty stomach. Drink this water every morning till worm infestation is cured.
- Unripe papaya has always been an excellent remedy for intestinal worms because papaya contains enzymes papain that has the potential to destroy the intestinal worms and enzyme caricin that helps to expel the worms from the body. Mix 1 tbsp of unripe papaya juice and 1 tbsp of honey to 2 tbsp of water and drink in the morning on empty stomach and after 2 hours mix in 2 tbsp of castor oil in a glass of warm milk and drink. Continue this for treatment for 3 days, or till all worms is expelled.
- Make a decoction with pomegranate bark and drink thrice a day for killing and expelling intestinal worms. Boil a cup of water and add 2-3 pomegranate barks in it. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the decoction.
- Take a glass of buttermilk. Roast 1 tsp of cumin seeds and add to the buttermilk. Add 1 tsp rock salt and 1 tsp black pepper and mix well and drink. Repeat the process 2-3 times a day for 1 week to cure intestinal worms.
- Carrots are also an excellent home remedy for treating intestinal worms. Grate 2-3 carrots and consume in the morning. Continue to consume carrot for killing and expelling the worms from the body. This is an effective treatment for children.
- Coconut has anti-parasitic properties and is a very effective remedy for destroying and expelling intestinal worms. Consume 1 tbsp of fresh grated coconut along with your breakfast in the morning and wait for three hours. Then mix 2 tbsp of castor oil in a glass of warm milk and drink. This remedy is good for killing and expelling worms. Repeat the process for a few days.
- Garlic is a very effective and one of the best remedies for worms because of its antibacterial properties that help to kill the parasites. Just chew 3 garlic cloves every day on empty stomach for a week or boil 2-3 crushed garlic cloves in half cup of milk and drink on empty stomach for a week.
- Peel and crush 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds into a cup of boiling water. Cover and allow mixture to steep for ½ an hour and drink when it is cool. Continue for a week. The pumpkin seeds have anti-parasitic compound called Cucurbitacins which has the ability to paralyze the parasites and expel them from the body.
- Bitter gourd is also beneficial in getting rid of intestinal worms. Add 1 tbsp of bitter gourd juice to a glass of buttermilk and drink. Repeat for 3 days for successfully eliminating worms.
- Clove is also good in destroying the eggs and parasites in the intestines and expelling them because of its antimicrobial properties. Just chew 2 cloves everyday or drink a cup of clove tea every day. To make the tea add 2-3 cloves in a cup of boiling water. Leave it aside for 10 minutes, strain and drink.
The home remedies are very effective and safe and can be used without fear of any side-effects.