Wrinkles are part and parcel of the aging process. As one ages, one is bound to get wrinkles. While some accept them gracefully, others tend to worry a lot. As a person ages, the skin loses its collagen, the substance responsible for the elasticity of the skin, and hence, it becomes dry and rigid. Also, as age advances, the skin’s capacity to regenerate healthy cells, slows down.
Let us see what causes wrinkles:
- Type of skin. Fairer people and people with dry skin, tend to get wrinkles faster.
- Exposure to ultra violet rays of the sun.
- Lack of a healthy diet.
- Destructive habits like smoking.
- Facial expressions. For example, if a person tightens his brow often, fine lines form there and stay there for a longer time, as his age advances.
Areas of human body which are prone to wrinkling include skin under the eyes, on the hands and feet, on the palms, face and neck.
Modern science has come out with many remedies for wrinkles. These include artificial fillers to injections to plastic surgery to remove permanent lines caused due to wrinkling. These treatments involve several sessions and burn a hole in the customer’s pocket. Isn’t it great to know then, that there are some effective home remedies to reduce wrinkles?
- Take a ripe papaya.
- Unpeel it and cut it into small pieces.
- Blend these in the mixer.
- Store in the fridge and take only a small quantity for use, at a time.
- Apply this on the face and neck. Allow it to dry and wash off.
- Repeat this, twice in a week.
- Select ripe bananas. Unpeel them. Follow the same procedure as above.
Milk cream and gram flour:
- Collect the cream settled over milk.
- Add powdered green gram to this.
- Apply this on the face and neck.
- Wait for it to dry. Then wash off.
- Follow this thrice in a week.
- This is especially beneficial for persons with dry skin.
Aloe Vera gel:
- Buy good quality aloe vera gel.
- Apply a little quantity of the same on the face, hands and neck.
- Do this regularly, before going to bed, every day.
- Aloe vera moisturises the skin and facilitates in retaining the subtleness of the skin surface.
- But good quality rose water.
- Refrigerate the same before use.
- With a little soft cotton, take some rose water and apply on the facial skin.
- Wash off after it dries.
- Follow this routine regularly before bath, everyday.
Massage and yoga:
- Take a little pure coconut oil in your fingers.
- In upward, circular motions, massage this into the facial skin.
- Use upward motions and massage the skin. Take care to massage the back part of the neck too.
- While massaging under the eyes, take care not to get the oil inside your eyes.
- Do a daily massage with coconut oil. Use a mild soap during bath to remove excess oil.
- Coupling massage with regular facial yoga, gives back the skin, its youthful and radiant glow. Learn yoga from an expert, for this purpose.
Some tips to delay wrinkles:
- Never miss out on the 8 glasses of pure water, per day.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid habits like smoking and drinking.
- Use sunscreen, regularly.
- Keep your hands away from your facial skin. A constant habit of touching your face does more harm than good to the facial skin.
- Do not use harsh chemicals / creams on the face. Use herbal soaps and face wash.