Yeast infection in the mouth is known as oral thrush and it results when Candida albicans overgrows in the mouth. It is a common fungal infection in the mouth and can be caused by certain medications, weak immune system, wearing dentures, smoking, high blood sugar, HIV etc and is characterized by white patches on the tongue. There are quite a number of natural home remedies to cure oral thrush. Some of them are:
8 remarkable home remedies for yeast infection in mouth
- The simplest home remedy for yeast infection in the mouth is salt water solution. Mix ½ tsp of salt in a cup of warm water and use it as a mouth wash. Swish the solution in your mouth and spit it out. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
- The next effective home remedy for thrush is apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has antiseptic properties and will help to get rid of the yeast infection and restores the body’s pH level to fight against Candida yeast. Mix 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a cup of warm water and sip it over the course of the day. Repeat every day till symptoms disappear. You can also use the solution with a pinch of salt as a mouth wash.
- Virgin coconut oil which contains caprylic acid and Lauric acid is very beneficial in destroying Candida yeast. Just take 1 tbsp of coconut oil and swish it in your mouth every day till infection subsides.
- Another excellent home remedy for oral thrush is yogurt that contains friendly bacteria Lactobacillus Acidophilus. They are probiotics which has the power to destroy bad bacteria and yeast which causes the infection. Buy unsweetened yogurt that contains acidophilus cultures and include in your diet and also use it for swishing in the mouth 2-3 times a day. Follow this treatment for few days till you get relief from the infection.
- If you are suffering from oral yeast infection symptoms and pain, you can try out baking soda remedy to cure Candida yeast. Mix ½ tsp of baking soda to 1 cup of water and drink this mixture in the morning, afternoon and night till you are relieved from the symptoms.
- Include plenty of garlic in your diet. Put 2-3 garlic in a cup of water in the night and consume the garlic and water in the morning on empty stomach. Garlic has antifungal and antibacterial properties to destroy Candida yeast and cure infection.
- Gentian violet is another effective alternate treatment for yeast infection in the mouth. Dip a cotton swab in this solution and apply on the tongue and other oral thrush patches in the mouth.
- Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water and use as mouth wash. Swish it inside your mouth for 4-5 minutes and spit it out.
Normally antifungal drugs are prescribed for yeast infection in the mouth, but these drugs can have side effects as inflammation and itching. Why suffer, when you can cure oral thrush with safe and effective home remedies???