Male yeast infection is a skin condition affecting the male genital organs. Contrary to popular belief that only females suffer from such infections, males too are susceptible to such encumbrances.
The following males are more prone to yeast infection:
- Males with a very weak immune system.
- Males with a prolonged history of diabetes.
- Males who have been using antibiotics beyond the prescribed period.
- Males whose partners are infected.
The symptoms of this disease include:
- Redness in the affected area.
- Burning and painful sensation.
It is important to consult the dermatologist to counter this condition. Simply neglecting it would not solve the problem. Also, it is important to maintain extreme hygiene during the period. Anti fungal creams are generally prescribed by the doctor. Care should be taken to use the cream as per the dosage, as prescribed. Even capsules of boric acid are recommended for treatment.
Ensure that you completely get rid of the problem. The yeast infection has a tendency to return and re-return. Hence, it is important to build up immunity.
Some very effective home remedies which help in routing the problem are:
- Make home-made yogurt from low fat milk.
- Once the yogurt is set, place the bowl in a plate containing water so that the bottom of the yogurt bowl is set in water. This helps in maintaining the taste. Otherwise, as the temperature increases, yogurt may turn sour.
- Consume at least two small bowls ( about 150 ml) of unsweetened yogurt, daily.
- Even, buttermilk, which is the diluted form of yogurt, may be had many times.
- This process ensures that the good bacteria present in yogurt / buttermilk work on the human system to get rid of the yeast infection.
- Even after the infection is permanently gone, stick to the habit of having yogurt. It boosts the immunity of the body and helps in eliminating the harmful bacteria from the stomach and other organs.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Fill a bath tub with warm water, upto half its capacity.
- Mix one small cup of apple cider vinegar in this.
- Sit in this tub for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Dry the area thoroughly before wearing clothes.
- Apple cider vinegar fights against the yeast infection and helps in curing the disease.
- Take two cloves of garlic.
- Boil these in a glass of milk.
- Drink the concoction, every morning, regularly.
- Garlic is antibacterial, antifungal and helps in fighting the infection.
Neem / Tea tree oil:
- Take a few drops of any one of the above oils.
- Dilute this in a few drops of warm water.
- Apply this regularly, on the affected skin.
- Do this at least twice a day until the infection subsides.
Aloe vera gel:
- Take fresh aloe vera gel.
- Apply on the affected skin.
- Allow it to dry and then wash off.
- Repeat this as many times as you want for a quick remedy for yeast infection.
Tips to avoid yeast infections:
- Wear loose, comfortable, cotton underwear.
- Practise proper hygiene.
- Have protected sex, that too, only after the infection is completely cured.
- Use spices like turmeric, ginger and garlic in the food items you prepare at home. All these herbs and spices have antibacterial and antifungal properties which help in fighting the disease.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water.
- Avoid sugary stuff, coffee and alcohol, until the disease is cured.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes like jeans until the infection is fully cured.